Monday, July 30, 2012

Pray for Mr. Humberson!

This past weekend was fantastic. I had the opportunity to travel to my home region of Western Maryland and participate in Friendsville Days, as well as Kitzmiller's Fireman's Parade.

In Friendsville, I had the opportunity to sing the national anthem, and most importantly, fundraise for the Children's Miracle Network and speak about Heart Disease Awareness.

While in Friendsville, I met Dylan Humberson, who was my driver for the parade on Saturday. He told me a story that touched me and fueled my passion for raising heart disease awareness. It also brought home the reality that the disease can strike anyone, at any time. Today, Monday the 30th, Dylan's father is undergoing open heart surgery. He only discovered last week that this surgery was necessary. The signs are often sudden and drastic--which is why it is so important to get frequent check-ups.

I would ask that you keep Dylan's father, Dylan, and his family in your prayers today, as they will certainly be in mine! I have full confidence that Mr. Humberson will be well in no time, as he is being treated at the Heart Institute in Morgantown, one of the premiere centers for heart care in the United States.

Dylan and I in Friendsville

Love,

Joanna

No comments:

Post a Comment