Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Buckle Up!

Last Saturday, I was involved one of the most terrifying accidents of my entire life. I was driving down Route 270 near Germantown, MD when I looked over my shoulder to switch lanes. I saw someone in my blind spot, but when I turned back around the car in front of me had slammed its brakes. To avoid the collision, I swerved, lost control of my car, flew across all three lanes of interstate traffic and into the left hand guardrail. I am convinced that if I had not been wearing my seat belt, I would have been ejected from the car.

So, today, I'm diverging a little bit, but I feel it's imperative for me to bring attention to the importance of SAFETY WHILE DRIVING. Although I was going with the flow of traffic, was NOT texting or on my cell phone, and wasn't even listening to music, the accident happened faster than I could blink my eyes.

Even if you are doing nothing wrong, the road is a dangerous place. Your seatbelt could literally be the difference between a minor case of whiplash and critical condition, as it was for me.

Be Smart, Be Safe, and Buckle up :)

And a special thanks so Steven Matthews, the undercover detective who happened to be driving behind me and witnessed the whole crash. He then took me under his wing, even bringing me back to his wonderful family while I waited for my parents to arrive. We are pictured below!



Love,

Joanna

No comments:

Post a Comment